Breakfast is served between 8:00 and 9:00 am. Wake up to a hot cup of coffee, a friendly smile, and a truly amazing breakfast. At the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast, we always try to source the highest quality local ingredients whenever possible. There are independent farms, farmers’ markets, purveyors, and cottage sellers all over our area from which we are proud to purchase produce, honey, dairy products, and meats. We also maintain a spacious garden where many of our ingredients are grown on-site!
Owner/Innkeeper Jon has been a professional chef for over two decades. He now dedicates his culinary efforts and attention to our guests at the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast. Jon’s breakfast specialties include hand-cranked sausages, as well as house-cured/smoked bacon and hams from local hogs, which he often butchers himself!
In addition to the selection of fresh fruit, homemade breads and goodies waiting for you on the table, here are some samples of our plated breakfast-of-the-day deliciousness:
- Caledonia Benedict: House made sausage patty topped with honey-cornbread cake, soft egg and herb gravy
- Fried chicken and waffles with choice of maple syrup (sometimes tapped from our own trees), country gravy or local sorghum molasses
- Scotch egg with house-made sausage, potatoes, and spinach
- Pimiento-cheese stone-ground grits with poached eggs, house-cured and smoked ham and red-eye gravy
- Ricotta pancakes (made with homemade ricotta cheese) with syrup or fruit compote, house-cured and smoked ham, and preserved peaches
- Jon’s famous homemade biscuits and country gravy
Afternoon Tea in our Tea Room!
We also offer a complimentary afternoon tea service in our very own Tea Room, between 4-6 pm, with:
- A pot of freshly-brewed tea of your choice
- Our famous cream scones
- A selection of house-made sweet and savory treats
We hope you enjoy our fabulous cuisine as much as we enjoy sharing it with you!
If your diet requires our personal accommodation, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Vegetarian, light, gluten-free, pork-free, “nothing fancy”, and lactose intolerant are just a few examples of diets that are happily accommodated at the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast.
*The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness. Common food allergens are used in the kitchen. Please let us know in advance if you have any food allergies.