Our famous plant-based breakfast is served between 8:00 and 9:00 am. Wake up to a hot cup of coffee, a friendly smile, and a truly amazing breakfast. At the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast, we always try to source the highest quality local ingredients whenever possible. There are independent farms, farmers’ markets, purveyors, and cottage sellers all over our area from which we are proud to purchase so much of our food’s components. We also maintain a spacious garden where many of our ingredients are grown on-site!
Owner/Innkeeper Jon has been a professional chef for over two decades. He now dedicates his culinary efforts and attention to our guests at the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast. Jon’s famous culinary creations have kept so many of our guests returning time and time again!
In addition to the selection of fresh fruit, homemade breads and goodies waiting for you on the table, here are some samples of our plated vegan breakfast-of-the-day deliciousness:
- Caledonia Benedict: House made patty topped with cornbread cake, soft scramble and herb gravy
- Chick’n and waffles with choice of maple syrup (sometimes tapped from our own trees), country gravy or local sorghum molasses
- Herbed frittata with sauteed veggies and croutons
- Homemade corn tortillas topped with house-made pepper sauce and ch’rizo scramble
- House recipe fluffy pancakes or crispy waffles with syrup or fruit compote
- Jon’s famous homemade biscuits and country gravy
Afternoon Tea in our Tea Room!
We also offer a complimentary afternoon tea service in our very own Tea Room, between 4-6 pm, with:
- A pot of freshly-brewed tea of your choice
- Our famous scones
- A selection of house-made sweet and savory treats
Add a dinner to your stay!
An incredible chef-prepared three-course dinner may be added to your stay for $40 per person. It is truly memorable to have Chef Jon, a professional chef for over 25 years, prepare a plant-based, seasonal evening meal for you. It is an experience that keeps people returning to the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast again and again. Please add dinner at time of booking, and please allow 48 hours advance notice.
We hope you enjoy our fabulous plant-based cuisine as much as we enjoy sharing it with you!
If your diet requires our personal accommodation, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Our cuisine is 100% vegan, but if your diet requires other accommodation please don’t hesitate to let us know. Light, gluten-free, and “nothing fancy” are just a few examples of diets that are happily accommodated at the Old Caledonian Bed & Breakfast.
*Common food allergens are used in the kitchen. Please let us know in advance if you have any food allergies.